Post Graduate Programs
Criminal Legal Practice Diploma
- This highly practical program has been designed by practicing lawyers to replicate the work that you will do when you commence your legal practice, ensuring that you will be a confident and competent trainee, advocate.
- The faculties of the ILP who practice across a wide range of areas, support our Diploma students in various ways including mentoring them and attending networking events.
- We have developed strong links with employers and work with them to ensure that the programme we offer meets their requirements enabling you to commence your traineeship with the necessary skills and knowledge.
- Extensive use is made of our library of filmed resources which link to course materials developed in collaboration with the judiciary and our tutors. They include various court hearings including criminal trials, proofs, debates, motions and a judicial review as well as a mediation, collaboration and negotiation.
- Students will attend Lahore High Court, Trial Courts; police investigations to have firsthand knowledge in dealing criminal cases.
Almost every one of our tutor is a practicing lawyer, and all are dedicated, enthusiastic, committed and keen to share their experience with the next generation of lawyers.
You will be trained on the following courses. This allows you to meet the requirements of your future employers in the legal profession. Our courses are delivered through a combination of lectures and by small group tutorials. Our team of highly experienced, enthusiastic and committed tutors, almost all of whom are practicing lawyers / advocates, are all focused on ensuring that you meet the requirement of a “Day 1 ready trainee” by the end of each course.
- Criminal litigation
- Substantive Law;
- Procedural Law;
- Incorporating advocacy;
- Advanced criminal litigation (incorporating advocacy).
- Cross Examination;
- Witness Preparation;
- Murder Reference / Trials / Appeals / Revisions;
- Criminal Law Pleading & Convincing
- Bail Drafting;
- Miscellaneous Application Drafting;
- Writ Drafting etc.
|Monday||04:00PM – 06:00PM||6 Month|
Classes are delivered by means of lectures and group discussion. Students are invited to contribute by presenting personally prepared topics. Written work will be suggested by the tutor to supplement the talk and in-class exercises may be used to test students’ knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the program you will be eligible to progress through your traineeship to work as a Lawyer or advocate. The Diploma in Criminal Legal Practice will equip you to lead your independent practice successfully.