Master of Sciences in Information Sciences(MSc(IT))
The Information Technology program will educate students to analyze, design, integrate and manage information systems using information technology.
- To gain fundamental knowledge regarding technical concepts and practices in information technology and information systems.
- To gain a broad background across fundamental areas of information technology along with a depth of understanding in a particular area of interest within the domain of information systems.
- To develop independent critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an ability to analyze the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society including ethical, legal and public policy issues.
- To gain skills to communicate efficiently with technical and nontechnical people in the information technology field and effectively with clients, users and coworkers using written and oral communication.
- To learn to identify and evaluate current and emerging technologies and assess their applicability to address the users’ needs.
- To learn to determine how information is inferred from data, and how decisions are made rationally on the basis of that information and ensure that data integrity and privacy is maintained as the organization processes information and acts on it.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- Ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- The ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- The ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- The ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- An understanding of processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within a specific application environment.
- Ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- The ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.